Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SUMMER READING!!!

STUDENT: Teacher, ya gonna be kidding me, summer reading list?!?
TEACHER: Yes, the usual, you kids are going to read two books during the summer and write an essay.
STUDENT: NO, teacher. I would forget the assignment. I have sports and etc.
TEACHER: Well, you can read it at the beginnning of the summer but that is not advisable. you would foget the plot and guidelines of the story.
STUDENT: Ummmm I forget about any book. The book we read this year was so boring.
TEACHER: WEll, it's too bad for you. Try and like the books.
STUDENT: Ummmm ok. Teacher. I'll just skim it.
TEACHER: If you want to, but the teachers will ask specific questions and if you are not correct they would give you a failing grade and know you never read the books like you were supposed to.
STUDENT: *bemoan! Grumbles!* All right. I give up. I'll just read them and get it done.
TEACHER: Good Student! Now kids, we need to focus on finishing this book.......

This is the description of a typical class. Including my  classes. Yep, they were complaining about reading just two books- possibly only 400 pages put together. It might take only two weeks to read each one of them. It only takes about thirty minutes every day. I don't know why many kids hate reading, including most of my friends. Oh well.

The books on the summer reading had a lot of intresting books, and the books I would recommend to people. It meant it was a great summer reading list, but it won't do  anything to the kids, except it is a chore to them to complete it. Everything is changing. Before us people depended on books for entertainment, but now we depend on computers and electronics. Not some musty, dusty old books to keep us entertained. Humph!

No comments:

Post a Comment