Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Angel On The Square

I got this book off a bookshelf recently. I was intrested when I saw the despcription. It's an absolutely well written book. Here is a summary in my words.

It's about Katya (Ekaterina) Ivanova, the daughter of a lady in waiting. She becomes a companion to the Tsar Nicholas of Russia's family. She takes her vacations and lives with the Tsar's daughters. At that time, there is a war (World War I) and rebellions, unrest settles in Russia. A revolution sets fire, and a country once ruled by the aristocrats dissolved. It became a communist country. But that is much later, in the companion book The Impossible Journey. 

The book explains very well in the point of view of an adolescent girl, who struggles with learning about the deep rift between the aristocrats and the poor. I highly recommend you to read it. It is a quick easy read for sure, but it's also a very good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment