Friday, June 3, 2011

Glimmerglass

I recently reread Glimmerglass by Jenna Black. It was on my Amazon Kindle so I decided to pull it up. It's a great book for Young Adults who love fantasy and a Fantasyholic. The book is about Dana Hathaway Stuart (she refuses to acklowedge her father's last name for her surname) anyway, she has an alcoholic mother, and an enstraged father. Dana, a responsible girl who balanced checkbooks and paid bills for her mother, also moved around ten cities in her sixteen years. One day, she had enough of her mother after a singing recital. Her mother was drunk, and showed up to school. Poor humliated Dana decided she will go to England to see her father. Her mother would tell her things about him- when she was drunk. The sober  Ms. Hathaway would never tell her daughter about her father. But she told her his name, Seamus Stuart, and that he was some bigwig important fae in Avalon, which was located in England. Dana packs and leaves; flying across the ocean to see her father. She unknowingly stumbles in fae politics and becomes embroiled by them. Her aunt Grace wants Dana for her devices. Dana discovers she has power because of her heritage as half mortal and half fae.

I suggest you should read the book if you enjoy fantasy, with faeries and magic in them. There's even the Unseelie and Seelie faes in the book, Mab and Tatiana as the Faerie Queens. :) It is addicting and I refused to put it down last night so I sneaked a few mintues to finish the book :) I give the book three point five stars out of five. It's a generous rate, which I am stingy about giving such high rates unless it's an outstanding book. This book, which I wouldn't say Outstanding, but awesome! Here is a picture of the cover so you would know what it looks like and get it in the library or stores. :D This is, finally my first post for june!

No comments:

Post a Comment