Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wintergirls

I apologize for not posting recently... Been busy. Well I was busy reading novels. Haha. The current one I just completed was Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. It's about a severely anorexic girl, Lia. She struggled with anorexia and her best friend's death. Her mother, Dr. Marrigan and her father, a professor, both ply her with questions about if she was eating properly. Of course, Lia told them she has been. Her goal was to cut down her weight. Lia landed in the hospital because of the disorder before, but it never cured her mentally. She meets a guy Elijah who says he was looking for a Lia becuase he found her best friend dead in the motel room. Lia doesn't tell Elijah who she was. This book is very good and it really helped me know the anorexia girls' perspective. I suggest for you to read it. It really changes your perspection of people with anorexia or bulimia. I hereby award this book five stars. :) And it goes to my recommended list.

1 comment:

  1. Checked out your recommended list and had to laugh - I just grabbed Revolution off the shelf today and have recently read a good half dozen from your list. I do think you are going to overshoot your goal though - possibly by June! Have you looked at goodreads.com yet - I started using it recently and love it! (I'm also a fan of the Iris Johansen books but haven't read the Temperance Brennan books -but now will have to.)

    ReplyDelete